GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions shall apply to all contracts made by Daigle Tours Co. Limited and constitute entire and exclusive agreement between the Company and the Client. No subsequent agreement in any way altering these terms and conditions shall be binding on the Company unless made in writing and signed by an authorized officer of the Company.
(1) Tour arrangements
The Company will use their best endeavours to ensure that the transport, accommodation, meals and other agreed services [herein called “Services”] provided are fully in compliance with the information given to the Client but the liability of the Company to the client to the breach of contract is restricted to liability where by the negligence of themselves.
- The Company accepts no liability in the event of Services not being carried out or being altered by any matter whatsoever beyond their control. Such matters include but are not limited to the closure of National Parks, Sanctuaries, and Hotels/Lodges and such like matters and the Company reserves the right to make such alterations to the itinerary when in its sole judgment it is deemed necessary or desirable for the comfort, convenience or safety to Clients.
- The Company accepts no liability for damages directly or indirectly
arising out of delay in departures or arrivals occasioning the missing of roads, rail, ship or aircraft connections.
- The Company accepts no responsibility for airline reservations and reconfirmations, nor any liability for damages arising from any changes of airline schedules, cancellation of flights or errors and mistakes made by airline offices or travel agents.
- The Company accepts no responsibility or liability in the event that Services of equal value having been offered to Clients are declined.
(2) Price Variation
The Company reserves the right to increase all or any of the prices without prior reference to the Client in any of the following events:
- Any statutory increase in taxes or other dues imposed by the Tanzanian
Governments or any officer or agent thereof;
- Any local increase in the price of aviation fuel or motor vehicle fuel or any other increase in the cost of transport which forms part of the Services;
- Any increase in the cost of accommodation or meals forming part of the Services;
- Any increase in entrance fees to national parks, national reserves and sanctuaries and any other entrance fees forming part of the Service;
- Any other increase in the Company operating costs or cost of providing the Services which are beyond the Company control and which the Company has every reasonable effort to prevent.
(3) Booking and confirmation
A deposit of 30% is required to confirm a booking and the balance to be paid not later than eight weeks (8) before the Services commence. When booking a trip after the final payment due date, Daigle Tours required full payment to confirm your accommodations for your stay in Tanzania.
In the event of cancellation or variation of Services for whatever reasons the Company shall be entitled to charge cancellation fees as set out hereunder:
56 – 28 days before departure commencement 50% of the total tour price
27 – 21 days before departure commencement 75% of the total tour price
20 – 0 days before departure commencement 100% of the total tour price
The liability to reimburse the Company for the cancellation fees, non-refundable booking fee, no-show fees, administration fee and the like shall in no way limit or restrict the general rights of the Company to collect damages for breach of Contract.
We strongly advise limiting your baggage and bringing only casual clothing and comfortable basics. The space in our vehicles is limited and you are required to bring only soft-sided bags of reasonable size.
(6) Non-payment by the date for commencement of services
If the final payment due will not reach us by the specified date we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled. The Company shall be entitled to collect the outstanding payment from the Client direct and to recover all cancellation fees which they are
entitled to charge as per Condition 4 above.
- The Company is insured against any legal liability which may arise out of injury or death to the Client in accordance with and to the extent required by the Laws of Tanzania.
- The Company insurance does not cover illness, medical expenses, damage
to or loss of baggage and consequential damages arising from any one of these. Clients are advised to take out their own travel insurance prior to their arrival in Tanzania and such insurance to cover as a minimum, death, personal injury, medical expenses, damage to or loss of baggage and consequential damages arising in the event of any one of the foregoing.
(8) Injury illness and other risks
The Company accepts no liability for the injury, illness, infection or death of a Client which is not covered by the Company insurance referred to in condition 6 above.
(9) Loss of or damage to property
The Company accept no liability whatsoever for the theft of or other loss or damage to the property of any Client howsoever caused.
The Company reserves the right to substitute the hotels named in the itinerary when absolutely necessary. Avoid unexpected accommodation changes by early booking (at least 40-60 days before the safari) to guarantee your first choice.
(11) Additional costs
All our safari packages include accommodation and meals while on safari, airport transfers, park fees and services of guides and drivers. You must pay for your own beverages and personal items like laundry services and phone calls, and are responsible for any passport and tourist visa fees. If you’d like to buy some of the delightful Tanzania souvenirs budget accordingly.
(12) Payment preference
All prices are quoted in US$ Dollars. We prefer payments by Wire Transfers through the bank, which are subject to bank charges at the prevailing/current rate.
(13) Governing law
These terms and conditions shall be read and followed in all respects in accordance with the Laws and regulations of the United Republic of Tanzania. All bookings shall be governed by, construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the United Republic of Tanzania and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tanzanian Courts.